Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pen Pals

So I'm doing a pen pal exchange with one of my classes and I thought I'd share a part of one of the letters that a student wrote.  At first I was sad, then I was happy, then I was confused.  But without further ado, here it is:

English is difficult.  And I hate my English teacher.
She is very very crazy.
But I like English <333 I like Thomas <333 wara.

Boo yea!  Then I looked up "wara" and it means "straw."  I don't know what to think about this.

For a bit of context, I teach each class with another teacher.  So I thought at first she was talking about me when she said "I hate my English teacher."  But she was just talking about the other teacher.

1 comment:

  1. She likes you. Bet you would like to ask her what Thomas straw means.

    ReplyDelete