Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Japanese Tapes

So during my down time at work I throw in my earphones and listen to some Japanese language mp3s.  As I was listening to a random lesson, the principal walks into the teachers room and is like "ooh American music?  Let me listen." (note, my principal can't speak any English, this was translated to me by my supervisor.)


The tapes work like this:
1) phrase is said in English
2) pause
3) phrase said in Japanese.


So I explain to him that I'm listening to Japanese language stuff, and he's set on listening.  So I take out my earphones, and as I'm handing them to him, it is loud enough so I hear (in English) "where is the pharmacy?"

Of course, the second he puts in the earphones, he hears (in Japanese) "where is the pharmacy?"

This leads to like 5 minutes him asking my supervisor if I'm sick, then my supervisor getting worried and telling me where the pharmacy is and offers to go with me to the pharmacy to help me pick out some medicine.  The whole time I'm just like "No no no, it was just a coincidence, I am learning how to speak Japanese, I don't need to go to the pharmacy, the tapes are just teaching me."

<3 Japanese people.

No comments:

Post a Comment