Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Crazy Baseball Stat

Here's something that hasn't happened before in my 20-year baseball playing career.

Over the past two games I had a stretch of at bats where I was 0-5 with 5 official RBIs and 8 runners scored in those 5 at bats.

On Monday, twice I came up with a runner on third, and twice I came up with runners on second and third. The two times with a runner on third, I hit weak grounders up the middle and the runner scored while I got out. The two times I came up with runners on second and third, I hit hard grounders, one at the second basemen, one at the first basemen and each one got by the fielders and I reached on errors, and two runners scored each time.

Monday's batting line 0-4 4 RBIs 2 R 6 Runners scored during my at bats.

Then sure enough, we are the visiting team and the leadoff batter gets a hit, second batter gets walked, and I come up with runners on first and second. First pitch to me is a wild pitch and runners advance to second and third. And of course, I hit a weak ground ball to short and he overthrows the first basemen and two runners score.

So for 5 consecutive at bats, my line was 0-5 5 RBIs 3R 8 Runners scored during my at bats.

Luckily I ended the streak in my next at bat by getting a nice liner to the gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment