Saturday, March 12, 2011

Earthquake

In an effort to try to get some people to stop worrying too much, no damage to us and everyone was completely unharmed.


Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes.  Everything is completely fine and we were just without power and my cell phone wasn't working so we were all MIA for about 30ish hours.

Wilbur Kan and Beth Hoel were finishing up their visit to Noheji and we were at the train station on our way to Aomori City.  I got my camera out after about a minute of shaking and thought I was recording it for a good couple minutes.  There were buses shaking, everyone ran from the station to outside, and the taxi drivers all got out of their cars.  After a couple seconds of not feeling anything, I pressed the record button on my camera and realized that I hadn't been recording the entire time!  So I didn't get it on video tape, but it really wasn't that bad, only about a 4 or so on the scale.  The power went out right away so we went about 2 days without knowing anything about the extent of the damage, we thought that it was just a preventative measure to shut off the power.  After about 30 hours, cell phones started working so I was able to text my fiancee and she told me all the details of the situation in Sendai and it really caught us by surprise.  So yea, we just thought it was no big deal and didn't know so many people were worried about us.  Luckily everything worked out well for us at least but I'm very lucky to have been placed in Noheji and not a little farther south.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.  Thanks again for caring!  Hope everything turns out ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment