Monday, September 6, 2010

Last minute lesson

So today is my last day of work for the week.  Wed-Fri I've got Aomori prefecture orientation.  I was supposed to teach just 2 classes today, 1st and 3rd period.  I get done with 3rd period and I'm like "awesome!  5 day weekend ahead of me!"  Then another teacher comes up to me as I'm cranking open my anko/pan/strawberry jam lunch and says "Tomasu-sensei, can I have a favor?" I'm like "of course" she's like "can you teach my class next period." Now when I say next period, I mean class starts in about 3 minutes, and she is a 2nd year teacher (I teach first years.) So I'm like "ummm...what do you want me to teach them" and she's like "oh whatever you want, thanks."

So I walk to class, the bell rings as I enter, all the students stand up, and I'm just thinking to myself, "ok what the heck am I going to do for the next 50 minutes?"  As the students are standing there staring at me (they stand at the beginning and end of every class, I usually say something, either 'good morning' or 'thanks for being good today' they bow and sit down).  So I ended up playing some Beatles songs, having them guess missing lyrics, we sang 'mary had a little lamb', and played a little relay game where they had to write lots of words.

Good times.

ps. should have internet in my house in about 2 weeks!  boo yea!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent!!! (Both in the ad hoc lesson planning and the internet situation!) :)

    ReplyDelete