Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Great Morning

This morning has been fantastic.  First, I had my first dream in Japanese last night.  I dreamed that the Apache Mall had turned into a giant onsen (hot spring) and you had to swim in the giant pools to go from store to store.  While swimming to Foot Locker, I noticed some of my students and began talking to them in Japanese.  It was sweet.

Then yesterday I tried to make onigiri but ended up just having rice and plum rolls instead of the cool triangle looking onigiri.  So today one of the office assistants brought in some rice, plum, and nori, and gave me a lesson on how to make my very own Japanese rice balls.  I'm pretty sure that the key is to use white rice (I have been trying with brown rice and minnesota wild rice, and they just don't stick together very well.)

And also I understood my second speech from a teachers meeting.  One of my Japanese English teachers stood up and said that she was going on a business trip to a college in Aomori with a couple of students.

Also, we got a new batch of tea leaves at the teachers room and I am already on my second cup and it's super delicious.

And then to top it off, I thought the next work party was going to cost 5000円 (about $60 or so) but when I went to pay for it, the teacher was like "no, only 1000円 (like $13)"  So I get to go to a fun all you can eat and drink buffet for super cheap.

And it's only 8:30 am. Sweet.

update: it's before 11 and I have translated 13 sentences, written 200 kanji and am 1/200th of the way to my next big goal (translating 10,000 sentences).  Such a good day.

And also I ate the Onigiri that I made (with 大丸さん's help) and it was absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment