Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wait for the ending...

Lately I've had the bad habit of starting blog entries, writing a paragraph, then thinking to myself "gosh this is boring, I don't really care if I remember this random story, and people definitely won't find it very interesting or entertaining."  So that leads me to finish this blog post that I started a while back and it remains neither interesting nor entertaining.  Until the end.

So my morning started out like every other morning.  I woke up earlier than most people, but then proceeded to not make use of this extra time that I had.  Many people can get ready for the day in about a half hour or less, I usually take about a hour and a half.  And usually during that hour and a half, about the only things I do are eat/shower/brush teeth/get dressed/and browse reddit.  And in case you were wondering, no I don't know why I used slashes instead of comas right there in that previous sentence, I just started with the slashes and kept the trend going.  I thought about switching to comas after "brush teeth," but that would have just been silly.

After waking up, falling out of bed, and pulling a comb across my head.  I made my way downstairs (and by downstairs I mean my kitchen) and drank a cup (of tea).  Looking up, I noticed I wasn't very late and so therefore I had time to do my normal stuff.  I had a super delicious breakfast (like every morning) of yogurt, fruit (I forgot which fruit exactly I had, but suffice it to say it was a delicious fruit, since there really is no such thing as a not-delicious fruit in Japan, they have very good quality control with their fruit.  If it isn't ripe or has been bruised, they reject it before it hits the store shelves, so it's pretty impossible to find undelicious fruit here.) tea, and homemade granola.

As I get dressed for work, I notice a new feeling I have not had in quite some time...a slight chill ran throughout my body.  Since this was by far the hottest summer on record in Aomori, I was beginning to think that it didn't get cold here, but I was wrong (why couldn't climate change only affect winters?)  I spent my first two months sweating in my apartment and longing for air conditioning.  Now suddenly, I longed for central heating.  

The slight chill in the air caused me to reach for an article of clothing that I have not worn in a good 7-8 months, my winter jacket.  I thought nothing of it as I slipped it on, one arm at a time, not quite remembering my cool cross-armed style where I can put both arms through at the same time while flinging it high over my head like President Bartlett does in The West Wing.  Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll remember the technique.  But anyhow, the point is, I got the jacket on and headed out the door.

I didn't get to the bottom of my stairs before I realized that I had forgotten my gloves.  Darn.  My hands were pretty cold, so I put my hands into my jacket pocket...

[And it is at this point in the story where you are probably thinking to yourself, I've just wasted 4 minutes of my life reading this stupid story, I don't even like Tom, why the heck am I still reading this?  But really the reason that I'm posting this story is because in high school, there was a general agreement that any story, no matter how boring, could be saved as long as it had this ending.  So I tried to make a really boring post, in hopes of testing this hypothesis.]

...and then I found 20 bucks in my jacket pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment