Friday, October 7, 2011

Candy, Conversations, Instant Ramen

Today our school climbed Mt. Eboshi, a super nice hike but typhoon conditions at the summit meant that we could only go about 3/4 of the way up the mountain before they blocked off the trail.  The nice things today were;

1) A student gave me a piece of candy (a double pack of things like Lifesavers)
2) This student above talked to me for about two hours on the way down the mountain and back to the school.  It was excellent Japanese practice and very nice of him.

3) Shimakawa sensei (the guy I go edible plant hunting with) randomly asked me last week what my favorite instant ramen was in Japan and I admitted that I had never had it in Japan, and when he was over at my house cooking the edible plants, he noticed that I didn't have a small ramen pan, so today he brings me a 5 pack of miso ramen (my favorite), a measuring cup, and a small ramen pan.

1 comment: